Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Fish!



So I am WAY behind on posting here, but I finally have some serious pictures loaded onto the computer, so today will be a big blogging day here at work. :) One of Zachary's Christmas presents from Maya (what Zachy calls Grandma) and Poppy was a fish tank. I have always like having fish, but I had to get rid of my tank when we moved here to Salt Lake because it was too big. Now, however, we have a small Sesame Street version which we were very proud to set up. Tio (Uncle Alonzo) has a couple salt water tanks that Zachary LOVES, so now we have our own little tank, fresh water, of course. For the longest time Zachary has been calling fish "do-dos" We're not really sure where he learned that term, or why he calls fish that, but since we got the tank and since I've been working on him, he has started calling them "FISssssssshhhhh"


Bringing the fish inside



Waiting for the fish to acclimate


Checking up on the fish

As you can see, the fish were fully accessible to little hands. There were a couple of sketchy incidents with the fish, first being a large spoon stuck into the tank and the fish being stirred vigorously. That was an adventure for the poor fish, to be sure, a little whirlpool affect. Then there was the half a bottle of lotion in the fish tank episode. I was able to get the water cleaned out in time and saved the poor fish. We joke about how moisturized they are now. Its amazing how hard these little guys are, I haven't lost one yet!
So, needless to say, since we've moved into our new apartment, the fish are UP and AWAY from little hands.

1 comment:

The Hillbergs said...

Holy Smokes -- Z looks just like you in that last photo of him and the fish tank!!!!