Zachy learned how to take all of Maya's tupperware containers with flour, sugar, powdered sugar, oatmeal, etc etc out and stack them on top of each other. He had a tower that went up over his head, we still can't quite figure out how he did it... Of course there was a little spillage, but not as much as you'd think. He did an excellent job cleaning it up though, he really likes the vacuum.
I'm really loving all of the independance he is gaining. My favorite is how every night at bedtime, he likes to get himself (mostly) undressed and into the tub. He lets me put on his PJs, but then he goes and gets his toothbrush and toothpaste and face lotion. He's started saying "Zachy do it..." and "No help!" all the time now, which is mildly frustrating when I'm in a hurry, but I get so proud of him when he finally gets into his carseat. There is much viewing of the scenery and "Eeewwwww" exclaimed when he finds old cereal in his carseat, but I still love that he his doing things on his own. I'm always amazed at this little person that I have managed to make, with lots of help from my family of course.
His goal at daycare is being able to say goodbye to his mommy. He's always been a huge mama's boy, and he's only just getting to the point where he'll stay with Tio and Tia or Maya and Poppy without crying. Hopefully soon he'll start doing that at daycare. I love his new daycare though because when he does cry his teacher, Norma, gets down on the floor and gives him a very sweet hug and tells him that mommy will be back. It breaks my heart every day, but I love how well they treat him.

2 comments:
I thought your next blog was going to include pictures of your house. Although those pictures look to include the bottom half of your new kitchen, they are certainly not satisfactory to one who wants to see your new digs. Let's get with it.
LOL. Whoa Anniepants, whoa. I'm working on it, it took me two months to post Christmas pictures, I hope you realize this is a losing battle... ;)
Post a Comment