Thursday, May 21, 2009

The Terrible Twos...

Well, I never really understood what people meant when they talked about the terrible twos. I mean, Zach has had has moments, but the other day, I became educated. When we got home from our long day of work/school, I decided to have a quick run before we went for our bike ride. When I got done, I was pretty sweaty and needed a shower. I should interject here that I may have gotten my nose pierced on Sunday and it has had kind of a tough time healing, but its much better now. At the time, it was bleeding. Zach thought it would be really cool to start flushing Q-tips down the toilet. Funny for a few minutes, but I put them away and thought that would be the end of it. During my shower, Zach came running in and told me something about a carrot. I, being a big dumb, said, "Ok, cool, Carrot..." in my usual questioning voice, sometimes I don't really know what he's talking about and just agree for simplicity's sake. Anyway, I get out of the shower and proceed to find him with a shovel in his hand, his shirt wet, and grinning, saying, "MMMMMM, water!" I shuddered inside, wondering where he found water to drink. Then it all hit me. I RAN into the other bathroom to find him drinking water out of the toilet!!!!! He had a huge self-satisfied grin on his face. Lucky for us, it was his bathroom, which, oddly enough, never gets used because he's not potty trained. Never thought I'd be grateful for that... Anyway, lodged in the toilet was one of his plastic onions. GRRRRRR. I shuffled him out of the bathroom, all the while saying, "I can't believe you did that..." and spend a good 15 minutes trying to dislodge the onion from the toilet, but to no avail. I gave up, and was walking out to the living room, and much to my chagrin, there he was, with a tube of lotion in his hand spreading it all over the carpet, Baby Dumbo, and my camping stuff. Double GRRRRRR! Man, I was pretty upset. Little guy had to go to his room and play for a few minutes while I cooled off, poor Thad called right about then and got an earful. He promptly came over the took the onion out of the toilet and took us for a bike ride to see the horses. It made everyone feel much better, so yet again, Thad is my hero and has saved the day.
I just had to share this story, I am still a little bit in awe at the destructive nature of young children...

2 comments:

The Hillbergs said...

I only have to wonder about the original 'carrot' -- perhaps that went down the toilet first???

Z and Me said...

Most definitely. Along with some corn.