Friday, May 15, 2009

Hiking and Biking


Before you get incensed with me for not making him wear the helmet...
Note the helmet NEXT to him. He absolutely REFUSES to wear it, and usually takes it off when I strap it to his head. I decided that since he finally quit getting upset about the trailer, I need to just lay off for a while. We only stay on paved greenbelts with the trailer anyway, no cars around. No tricycles or scooters for him without a helmet though!!!




So, as I said earlier, we've been doing a lot of outside activities. Most notably, tons of biking, but we have gone hiking a time or two. Zach LOVES to throw rocks into the water, and he's recently decided he likes big rocks the best, for understandable reasons. He found a giant rock at the bottom of one of the hills we like to hike and decided that he needed to haul it to the top to throw it in the puddle left from the rain. The whole way he kept panting, tripping, and having a lot of trouble. But, he wouldn't let me carry it and he kept saying, "Almost there mama, we can do it..." Little trooper made it the whole way and had a fantastic time seeing the splash. Totally worth it! He is my hero.




I feel like this picture should become one of those inspiration posters about determination or something.












1 comment:

Bethany said...

Very inspirational, Zacky! I hope Eleanor has as much determination as you in a year!