Well, as the weather has gotten gorgeous here in Salt Lake, my desire to fish has grown immensely. I have been literally itching to catch some fish, and after a couple of unsuccessful endeavors, finally picked a local pond and loaded up Zachy. It was a pretty successful little trip, 2 rainbow trout. Unfortunately, after I got my first nibble on my lucky lure (it really is lucky!) I tried to set the hook and it came flying out and got stuck in my arm. Gross!!! Zachary was running around playing with rocks and sticks and power bait and not really concerned about the predicament I was in, so I knew he'd be no help... :) I proceeded to analyze the situation, and decided that since this WAS my lucky lure that had just gotten a nibble, I needed to do everything in my ability to save it. So ended up yanking the hook, barb and all, out of my arm with pliers. It took several really impressive pulls with all my strength to get it out, I was amazed at how tough skin is. Anyway, I got the hook out, and was able to finish up our fishing expedition with two fish which made a yummy dinner. Zach thought the fish were super cool, and he enjoyed himself immensely.
On Memorial Day weekend, we went up to Idaho to visit overnight and took Thad to see all that good old Mountain Home has to offer. It was a quick trip, but we had lots of fun and ice cream. Zach loves to wear my silly socks that Thad refers to as a "Seussian Nightmare" Zachary has even taken to wearing them to school on his bad days, they just make him feel better. All the little girls in his class are so jealous! Being the only boy, I guess he doesn't have anyone to make fun of him.

2 comments:
I love the socks! Make sure you take lots of photos of Z in those socks -- you can use the photos later in life to blackmail him!!
Those socks are a monstrousity. If I saw you wearing them, I'd mock you mercilessly. And you know it.
Post a Comment