Ah! It has been a very long while since I have updated. But, good news! My favorite Christmas present this year was a very nice new camera, so I will be much more able to take pictures and update! (hopefully...)
Anyway, lots has been going on in our little household as of late. One of our favorite outings was to the zoo here in Salt Lake. They had it all decorated with lights, one of the prettiest light shows I've even seen. It was incredible, and when we went, there was a gentle snow fall, it was very picturesque, and Zachary had an amazing time. It was the first time I'd bundled him up in his snow pants, boots, and huge Winter coat. He managed nicely and really enjoyed plowing through the huge piles of snow in typical Zachary fashion. We also got some hot chocolate, which he greatly enjoyed.
So that was a lot of fun. Also, the week before Christmas, I went to pick up Zachary from the babysitter and was just discussing things with her. The conversation went like this:
Me: "So, Zachary will be here tomorrow, then he's off for two weeks, then he'll be back the 5th of January, right?"
Her: "Oh, no, I'm not babysitting anymore next year. Tomorrow is his last day,"
Me: "WHAT! Tomorrow is his last day?"
Her: "Yes."
Me: "Oh. OK"
Hmmmmmmm. That was interesting. I was in full scale panic mode. When trying to find daycare for Zachary a year ago, I almost pulled my hair out and there were a lot of tears of frustration, it was soo difficult to find something in the area that wasn't sketchy or ridiculously overpriced. And now I was back at square one. Fortunately, a friend from work had just randomly given me her daycare's number one day, which I just put in my phone to be polite, I wasn't interested in a new daycare at the time. So, I was able to call them and (gasp!) they had a spot for him! That was very serendipitous. So, Zachary has been vacationing at Club Grammy for the past week, they will be back on the first. I got to fly up to Idaho for Christmas Eve and Christmas Day, then back here to work. I've been trying to keep myself very busy, surviving without Zachary. Often, people think that a couple weeks without the kid would be a nice vacation, but I've mostly been kind of depressed and mopey. He'll be back soon, and my poor friends have just been dealing with me living in their back pockets.
Anyway, I'm sending out a Christmas card with pictures, and I think I got everyone on the list, but if I've missed you, just shoot me an email and I'll send you one.
I'll post more about Christmas day soon.



No comments:
Post a Comment