
So I started Zachy on some children's Claritin under the advisement of his pediatrician to help combat his allergies, (Utah has some pretty fierce allergens...) I'm not sure how much they helped, he caught a cold about a week after we started using it, so he's had a runny nose no matter what. Additionally, he's had some really rough nights where he'll wake up in the middle of the night just crying like crazy, or he'll be laying face down on the floor crying, or he'll wake up and won't go back to sleep for hours. I was giving him his dose before bed, thinking it would have time to go through his system and have him prepared for the next day. He's never really had problems like that before, so I couldn't help but think it had something to do with the Claritin. I did some research and actually found a lot of parents saying very similar things and that Claritin caused their kids to act out and have strange behavior, even nightmares. I stopped giving it to him a few days ago and things are completely normal, he goes right to sleep and doesn't cry at all. I might try to give it to him in the morning or half the dosage or something, but just an FYI for everyone.

1 comment:
wow! that's crazy! Good to know.
Post a Comment