Friday, September 4, 2009

Long overdue...

So, apparently I'm not that great at updating when I'm not getting paid to do it :) Today is my second Friday of being in Grad school, and things are fantastic. Zachary has started at a new daycare, it is just down the hill from our apartment, about 50 yds from our front door. We walk down there every morning and then I hop on my bike and ride to school. My schedule is such that I get to pick Zachy up most days around 2:30, right after his nap, and we get to go play! I love that I can walk to the library, the zoo, and ride my bike to school. I never HAVE to drive if I don't want to, which is fantastic. We bought a season pass to the zoo because we live about 1/2 mile from it now. We have loved being able to go for just 30 min and see only a few animals.
Zachy is progressing on the potty training front. As soon as we tackle pooping in the toilet, we'll be good. He wears Batman unders most of the time, they're adorable.
He is always impressing me with the things he picks up. Last week, we went to a playground where there was a little girl that was sure Zach was infringing upon her territory. She was being a little bossy, and Zachy came running over to inform me that she was being grumpy. I was laughing to hard to agree, but she was. He also asks me why I push him all the time, stemming from the fact that I tell Thad he pushes me all the time.
He's becoming very away of his body and its many functions, I always cringe a little when proclomations of "I Faart" come from him, as well as, "Mama, I got a Booga!" in the middle of the grocery store.
We were able to go on a quick camping trip before school started. We went to Bear Lake where an adventurous group of skunks happened to be living about 4 feet from our tent. We weren't away of this little fact until after we had set up camp and were roasting marshmallows, but Thad determined that we would be fine. Neither Zachy nor I strayed too far from his side the whole time, just sure the skunks would attack us in some horrible way.

I will post pictures over the long weekend, Zachy is going to visit Gramma and Poppy and I getting ready for the next week of classes.

No comments: