Over the past few weeks, Zachary and I have been very busy. Two weeks ago, Grammy came to visit. She stayed with Zachary on Friday while I was at work and then we went shopping and had dinner at Red Robin. This is my favorite place because I can have a Rookie Magic and Zachary's favorite place because he can have a balloon or two to terrorize everyone with. On Saturday we just relaxed and went shopping with Mary, and then in the evening we went to the Barnum and Bailey's Circus. I was a little antsy about taking Zachary just because he is not well known for his ability to sit still, but he was captivated the whole time and we had a fantastic experience. My mom is excited to go again next year. The trip was especially interesting as we decided to take the train to the stadium instead of try and find parking downtown. That was only an adventure because we haven't done it very much, but still quite fun.
Also, Zachary has started Sunday School in full force and is doing OK. He is still not a big fan of mommy leaving him, but I get to go help teach 3rd and 4th grade, which is a blast. My class is mostly boys, very active and intelligent boys, so it keeps my on my toes.
Last weekend, Zachary stayed with a friend of mine for a couple of hours and I got to go see Body World 3 with some friends. It was an amazing exhibit and I was really glad that I had as much experience with
the human body as I do, it really made it so much more interesting. The exhibit on the embryo had a pretty huge impact, and they also have this method of dissolving all of the tissue so that all you can see is the capillary structures. It was incredible. I will throw a couple pictures of that in here just for human interest.
Upcoming is Zachary's birthday on the 13th, which also happens to be Grammy's birthday. We will just have a little tiny celebration with the two of us on Monday, and then we're all driving up to Idaho to celebrate with the family over the weekend. Zachary probably won't care much about the whole birthday aspect, he's much more interested in just playing with Grammy and Poppy. We're hoping to bring Gonzo, my dog, home with us for a little while to see how that works out. We miss having a dog to pet and look semi-intimidating to strangers. We will see how it goes.
So I think that's what's going on right now, but I will try and get some pictures from Grammy's visit up and definitely some from the birthdays.

No comments:
Post a Comment